Thursday 2 August 2007

Just Joan - (Just an ignorant old twat)

There are few things in life I find as irritating as the Daily Record’s man-hating, agony aunt, Just Joan. I would rather have to spend a whole day conversing with Hitler than 5 minutes in the company of the self-righteous “I know everything about everything” excuse for a newspaper columnist. (At least Hitler actually maintained the same viewpoint on his issues from week to week – even if by other people’s standards they were slightly unpopular.)

Joan on the other hand seems to fling advice around – contradicting the previous weeks replies by saying almost the opposite to an almost identical letter.

The way she seems to be able to have such a rigid viewpoint on a specific situation when the letter sent in was less than 100 words long is beyond me. It would be like judging people on Big Brother after only watching 5minutes of the show (oh wait…I have done that on several occasions, however I’m still adamant that they are all twats).

Yesterday’s letter was a prime example of why I think Joan is a moron. My main gripe about her, is her opinion that seems to believe that every man is a nothing more than a sex-offender waiting to happen, wanting nothing more from women than to force them into intercourse.

You will understand what I mean after you read this transcript – it’s actually pretty funny in its own right, but Joan’s final comment is so ludicrous and unrelated I feel it shows up what a stupid cow she actually is. Here goes:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Question: I MET a guy in a pub and, as we really clicked, when he asked me if I would go back to his flat with him, I agreed.

Believe me, I have NEVER done anything like that before.

We went to bed and it was great. I really felt I had found the man of my dreams. Then the door burst open and this other girl flew at me.

She threw me half-naked out the house and chucked the rest of my clothes after me.

It was 3am and I had to walk home. I've since found out the guy set me up to make her jealous.

But now she's telling everyone I am a tart who would go with anyone.

What do I do?

Answer: NOTHING. The less you say the better. Folk will soon forget it and move on to the next 'scandal.'

Either that or you turn it into a funny story. You also make sure it doesn't happen again by never going off with a total stranger.

You were lucky you only had to face an enraged woman - it could have been a rapist.

------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell does she mean it could have been a rapsit?! Does she mean that when this girl was having sex with the guy – an angry rapist could have burst in? What does rape have to do with anything this letter has been about?

Just Joan does my fucking nut in. I swear she really should be replaced by someone who isn’t so set in her ways and intent on turning every story into one about rape (I have friends that also have this quirk – although it’s usually not intended in the same way).

I really, really can’t stand her and her idiotic views, although I suppose her column isn't all that bad, it could have be worse – it could have been a rapist.

No comments: