Saturday 10 May 2008

Another weekend at the football

So I'm just back from the Rangers v Dundee United game and I'm absolutely furious. Just how many times are my beloved Dundee United going to be screwed over by Rangers? And how much money am I going to spend in order to end up fucking angry!? A ticket for the away end was £24...for half the price I could have gone to Borders and bought a copy of Jodie Marsh's autobiography, Keeping it Real, if I had wanted to spend 2 hours in order to become filled with hatred and rage!

I'm not going to write about the many obscene refereeing decisions during the game - I'm unsure if blogger has a maximum word count, but I'm almost certain I'd breach it - instead I'll try and tell you about the one moment of the day that made me laugh.

Rangers have recently made it to the Uefa Cup Final, no mean feat, and to celebrate and show off this European triumph, the Rangers fans were throwing around beach balls...yes beach balls...they're going to Manchester for the final for fuck's sake...

For any Ranger's fans unsure of Manchester's exact location, here is a map:



As you'll see, it's in North England, hardly the climate for beach regalia...and it's also inland, miles away from the coast or any beach for that matter...

Stupid moronic low-lives...

...oh well, I suppose Manchester does have a canal - and if any Rangers fans are interested, I'll trade them their beach balls for the more appropriate bin bag, a rope and a few bricks...

No comments: