Wednesday 15 August 2007

A day at The Fringe

Yesterday I spent the day at The Edinburgh Festival. What with work commitments this summer, it looks likt it will be the only time I make it through.

I did 3 shows that evening and also enjoyed some quality banter with the other performers - cheers for making it such a good night!

First up I did Keir McAllister's show "The Comedy Couch Variety", followed by Obie's show "Obie is Maraculous!" and ending with the final of the UK Student comedy awards.

Now I thought this being Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland, the final might have been a home gig for me - how wrong could I have been? The audience must have been around 80% English and I realised being the only Scot on the bill wouldn't be the advantage I was hoping it would - especially since I only had five mates with me.

Nonetheless it was a good gig and a fun room to play. My congratulations to winner, Tom Deacon from Southampton, who thoroughly deserved the night's crown. Although also a special mention to Ed Patrick, who although he didn't end up in the prizes, made me laugh the most out of all the acts on the night.

So that is that - over for another year. But I'll be back with a vengence next year trying to be the only act in the history of the competition to make the final 3 years running.

...Oh, and seeing as I never won - I would like to retract the statement (that I never even made in the first place) and all other associations to me and the word "yummy"...

No comments: