Friday 3 August 2007

Moving out

I have just moved out of my childhood home and into the big bad world of having to care for myself. When I say – “I have just moved out” I am actually still in the process of doing so, considering I am currently living in a flat that has minimal furnishings and no blinds on the windows.

I’ve been wanting to move out for so long, that I now find myself in the situation of being completely bewildered at having finally achieved my goal. I feel like a prisoner, who after years of trying has finally succeeded in getting parole, and now he’s on the outside, he has fuck-all to do. The wait is over, your wish is granted but now there’s nothing to fight for, nothing to look forward to – or possibly more importantly, nothing to moan about.

Apart from the fact I have no blinds.

I’m hoping this change in living arrangements will bring changes elsewhere in my life. Perhaps I’ll be more motivated for university. Perhaps I will take care of my money more and look after my bank balance. Perhaps my new independence will result in a new sense of responsibility. Perhaps my lifestyle will become healthier as I’ll no longer need to buy fast food after a night out. Perhaps I’ll make new grown-up friends and be invited to dinner parties…

Or perhaps I’ll end up watching Columbo all day and drinking more to relieve the boredom of living alone…

Whichever way it goes I’ll be sure to let you know – if I ever get round to installing broadband in the flat.

But I have bigger issues to deal with before that – like getting some damn blinds.

No comments: