Tuesday 10 April 2007

5-a-side football

Every Monday I play five-a-side football with a bunch of guys down at the local pitches.

This may surprise some of you, as:
a) I haven’t mentioned this before, and
b) Football seems a bit too exertive for me.

To clear this up, the rest of my Mondays have all been exciting enough that a game of football with the same 9 guys every week wasn’t the most exhilarating thing that I did that day…it turns out, however, this Monday, it was. As a result, it is the only thing I have to write about.

And secondly, as far as the question of my fitness goes, I play in goals. I like to think this is because I am good at it, as opposed to just being lazy.

Perhaps the reason I am good at it, is because I am lazy.

It perhaps is a sort of natural self-defence mechanism. Such as a tortoise has a shell to protect itself as it is not very fast, I am good in goals so I don’t have to play outfield and exert myself too much.

Yesterday, however, I decided to play half the game as an outfielder.

I’m now too tired to even complete this post.

No comments: