Sunday 1 April 2007

Losing Weight

Over the end of last year and into the New Year period I lost a considerable amount of weight. When I say, “I lost a considerable amount of weight”, I realise that this statement in fact needs an explanation as it is not completely accurate.

I am not a liar. I did not make this up – I just realise that this bold statement needs some clarification.

For starters, the word “considerable” needs to be examined in more depth. Does this mean 20% of my previous body-weight? Does this mean a stone? A few pounds? More than a few stone?

If truth be told – I have no idea.

I have never been one to weigh myself and therefore could not tell you my start weight, my finish weight or the amount of weight I lost. I cannot even say for definite that I actually lost any weight at all – although I did – I just can’t prove it.

Anyway, I can attribute this to the fact that I got an exercise bike at the beginning of December and got quite into using it…until one day a few weeks ago when the batteries that control the LCD screen ran out.

They are size C batteries and these can be a bit of a nuisance to get a hold of – and being as lazy as I am, I haven’t bothered going to get new ones. As a result, I haven’t used my bike in a few weeks and have undone all the good work I had previously accomplished.

If only I had bought a real bike instead, I could have cycled round to the shops to get the batteries. In fact, if only I had bought a real bike, I wouldn’t have this dilemma as it would not need batteries for an LCD screen.

Still, I’m glad I spent so much money on my exercise bike as it doubles as an excellent hat-stand…



No comments: