Sunday 8 April 2007

Comedy At The State

Last night I went to the relaunch of the comedy gig at The State Bar on Holland Street.

It is basically the same set-up as before (ie. a comedy gig in the basement room), however it is now very inventively named 'Comedy At The State'. Wonder how long it took to come up with that?

The reason for this relaunch is that the comedy night's previous organiser, Fran Healey (no, not the guy from Travis) is away off now to play some absolute bitch in River City (yes...River City, who the fuck needs Travis when you have that!)

Obviously I want to wish Fran the best of luck in her new role (she must be a good actress as she is one of the nicest women I know, playing one of the most horrible characters I've ever seen).

Anyway, the crowd last night was small, but they enjoyed the various acts on offer and the whole night can be deemed a success (I was quite glad I wasn't on in front of such a lovely small crowd as no doubt I would not have left the stage until I had offended each and every one of them...if you're like me, this would hav been very entertaining...yet probably not appropriate at what turned out to be such a friendly show).

If you live in Glasgow, there's comedy at The State Bar every Saturday night from around 8.30pm, I think it's a fiver and its certainly worth the money.

If you want to catch me there - I'll be playing The State on the 12th May and 23rd June.

No comments: