Sunday 22 April 2007

Strongbow...

Due to downloading most of my television these days, I tend not to see too many adverts, however I include one I saw recently below:



The above advert is for Strongbow cider – a drink I haven’t had in a good couple of years.

There are a couple of problems with this advert that I find pretty annoying.

Firstly, the drink is meant to be portrayed as refreshing, however while in the trance after savouring his drink, the guy misses a goal. Surely going down the pub with his mates to watch the football match was the main reason he was there in the first place. Now he’s just missed one of the most important parts of the game...not the best advertising slogan – “Drink Strongbow and you’ll miss all the goals”…

Secondly, his mates are half-way through their pints, while the Strongbow man has had only one sip. This difference in speed of drinking would completely fuck-up any round buying system that you and your mates had going on.

Moral of the story…stick to lager. Or if you fancy cider, drink a nice one – such as Magners.

No comments: