Wednesday 11 April 2007

So bored...

I don’t think I have ever been as bored in my whole life as I was the other night.

I literally couldn’t find anything to do. I ended up sending the following text message to 20 random members of my phonebook:

“Coal
Badger
Nectarine
Tankard
Violin
Hallibut”

I think part of the reason was I wanted to see what replies I would get – although part of it was just a desperate attempt to get any reply from anyone to alleviate some of the boredom.

I’m going to post some of the replies I got as some of them really did make me laugh.

Thanks to all of you who replied to my random message, I hope you don’t mind me using your reply in this blog.

To those that didn’t reply – I have absolutely no problem of naming and shaming you as rubbish…

Andy R
Emma T
Jo M
Kirsty S
Mark N
Michael A
Molly R
Ross H
Ruth G.

The first person to get back to me was my friend Hannah, who replied:

“Shopping list?”

Leave a comment with how you would have replied (if at all) to this random text. Otherwise I shall add you to the “rubbish list”...

2 comments:

Mark Nelson said...

“Coal
Badger
Nectarine
Tankard
Violin
Hallibut”

Things Andy has recently had removed from his gaping anus

Nelson

Cam said...

Coincidently, mobile phone text pyschoanalysis is the emerging psychotherapy treatment for today's fast modern lifestyle. So long chaise long, get all your mental issues ironed out on the hoof. The process is simple and effective. First clear your mind, easier for some than others, then in less than 10 seconds, text the first six words that come to mind to 0898-am-I-nuts, and wait for the 80 word limited analysis.

For example:
Coal
Badger
Nectarine
Tankard
Violin
Hallibut

Response:
You have dark undertones of a nocturnal slow burning soul, wherein lies a struggle of bright sparks and clinkers. Your nature has streaks of the odd spate of public bating due to being growled at, and a very black and white approach to life (Coal and badger). With a ponchance for quality amber nectar, on fruitier days a shaved bum (Nectarine and Tankard) and now and again stringing others along with a romantic line, you are a fish (Violin and hallibut).