Monday 16 April 2007

House Parties

So I was reading the newspaper the other day and came across the excellent story about the girl in Tyne & Wear that had a house party when her parents were away on holiday.

Now this is nothing new – I had the occasional party when I was a teenager, when I had an empty.

However, this girl had a skins party. For those not aware of what a skins party is, it is a gathering of people that have the sole intention of drinking/smoking/shagging while doing as much damage to the venue as possible.

Now while I have attended parties that have transcended into this – the host certainly didn’t start off with the intention of ruining their property.

What makes the story even better is that the girl advertised the party on MYSPACE – basically inviting anyone, anywhere to come round to her home and break some valuables.

If I ever went to one of these parties, I could see myself taking the flat screen TV for my own front room rather than smashing it against the wall…some would say I just am not all that fun anymore…

In the end there was over £20,000 worth of damage done after all items were broken and carpets and walls urinated/defecated upon. I wish I had been there when her parents arrived home and she had tried to explain her way out of it. This situation would be hard to blame on the dog (although not impossible with the correct manipulation of events).

Apparently she has left home and is surprisingly no longer on speaking terms with her mum – who coincidently, wants her arrested.

Now I remember being rebellious as a teenager – but the extent of my rebellion was getting drunk at the weekends, starting smoking and I recall once telling my dad to “fuck off”. Extremely tame in comparison to Rachel Bell.

Looks like even though I’m only just in my twenties, I really am out of touch with the youth of today…

No comments: