Tuesday 20 March 2007

Revels Student Comedy Awards with Chortle.co.uk

A few weeks ago, I won the Scottish Heat in the "Revels Student Comedy Awards with Chortle.co.uk".

It was a really good gig, with some very good acts on the bill, but fortunately I managed to come out on top and secure my place in the final.

The final is in August, during the Fringe and there is a £2,500 prize plus a trip to Montreal for the winner - so I'll be writing like hell to try and get together the best set possible. I will probably use this blog as a grounds to test out some ideas, so please let me know what you think of the posts from day to day.

As part of the competition, all the heats were filmed and posted on the Revels Student Comedy Awards site. You can have a look at all the acts and vote for who you think should get the "punter's choice" place in the final for best runner-up. There are some excellent acts that didn't make it through on their night - so it's definitely worth checking out.

In the meantime, here is a short clip from near the beginning of my performance - I hope you enjoy...

No comments: