Thursday 22 March 2007

The Best of DMBD

As regular readers will know, I have posted some of the old "Dance Monkey Boy Dance" sketches along with my blog entries.

"Dance Monkey Boy Dance" was a sketch/improv/music show devised by some of the best comedy brains in Scotland and I was fortunate enough to get to see the very beginnings of this show as it started life in The Vault comedy club around the corner from my house.

They still perform now (albeit with a slightly different line-up) and are well worth checking out at The Stand Comedy Club in Glasgow on a Monday night.

Today I feel the need to share a few of these older sketches with you - as they are just so damn funny.

First up, their hilarious parody of "The Shawshank Redemption", starring Joe Heenan,



Secondly, "Billy Connolly's Bullshit Tour Of Germany" starring Des McLean,



And finally, one of my favourites they ever did, "The Skateboard King" starring Des McLean & Joe Heenan,



I'll post some more of their old sketches up in the coming weeks as I really feel they should be seen by as many people as possible. Hope you enjoyed them.

No comments: