Monday 12 March 2007

Car Alarms on Sauchiehall Street

Today I woke up with a cracking hangover – not “cracking” in the sense of an excellent hangover that I enjoyed, more “cracking” in the sense that it was a hangover of extremes that gave my brain the indication my head may have actually been cracking into separate pieces.

The reason for this, of course, was a long weekend at the Glasgow Comedy Festival followed by a night out, spent drinking at The Box in Glasgow.

Just outside the front door to the pub, there was a red Honda whose alarm constantly kept going off (or on, depending how you look at it). It was incredibly irritating, but no one seemed to give it a second glance as it had been doing it all night.

What a perfect time to break into a car.

Now if I was of the persuasion that stealing car radios was an acceptable hobby, this would have been the best cover ever to break into this Honda and take whatever I liked, as it was clear the owner didn’t give a damn that the alarm was constantly going off.

Then another thought struck me…What if for instance there was a kidnap victim in the boot and every time they attempted to cry for help, the alarm went off drowning out there cries for help…Or perhaps the alarm was intentionally set off to warn passers by not to get too close (the reasons for this are far too vast to expand on here)…

Then another thought struck me…I think too much.

So I went back inside, had another pint and asked the DJ to play The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight…which he did…awesome…

Chris was with me for all of this, and probably will write a completely different account of it in his blog…Obviously my account is the correct version, as it was written first. The end.

I include at the bottom of today’s entry Steve & Dave, Part II, hope you like…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Andy! Loving this blog thing! Very funny! Hamish

Andy Vaughan said...

Cheers mate,

Thanks for the comment. It's always nice to hear someone is out there reading it!

Please keep checking back!

Andy