Wednesday 28 March 2007

Running late...

Yesterday I had a gig at the Canonsgait Bar in Edinburgh. I had known about this gig for over a week, yet still managed to leave my house far too late.

I stood at the bus-stop, knowing that if I didn't make the next train from Glasgow to Edinburgh that I would be in big trouble. The bus never arrived...

It was at this point that I decided to hail the next taxi and just pay the money needed to ensure I caught the train. As I flagged the taxi down, I decided (seeing as I am a nice person), that I would give everyone else at the bus-stop a lift as the bus inevitably would never show up.

I have done this before when running late, and the act of kindness I had shown others in giving them a free lift, had been repaid by me finding a fiver on the floor of a bar...now that's good karma (not to be confused with good korma, the best of which can no doubt be found in The Ashoka).

As I say this, do not think I am the type of person that believes in fate, or the old saying "what goes around comes around" as the last time I found money (a tenner on the street) happened just after I had told somebody to "fuck off"...

Anyway, as I journeyed into town with my new bus-stop friends, we chatted about where we were all off to and the respective nights we had ahead of us. The conversation was flowing and everything seemed normal until one of the girls in the cab referred to me by name.

At first I was taken aback - unsure of whether I had introduced myself or not - but it then transpired she used to go to the same school as me, albeit a year younger.

It just goes to show that it really is a small world (actually not really, as the school we attended was pretty local to both our houses and also the bus-stop we both use)...but it goes to show something...

In fact, I have no idea what it shows...although the good news for me is, that I now that I have one more reader of my blog...

No comments: